Every time I tried to get going on this project, I would run into something that I felt should be replaced. Once I starting thinking about replacing that part, I would begin down that road of replacing everything. So that’s what I did. The frame is still there as well as the front wheel. Beyond that pretty much everything is new.
I questioned the sanity of putting a new 105 group on this bike, but once it was done it looked pretty sweet and made me wish I had ordered some shiny bits for other parts of the bike as well (stainless bottle cages are on the way). And I must admit it felt good to say, “This bike finally shifts…”